When I was 18,
I developed a pretty bad eating disorder. I weighed 98 pounds. My periods stopped. I forgot about what mattered. When it started in high school it was because I needed a game to play because I was a bit bored, and then in college it was more of a way to take the edge off- if I was starving I was numb. It was a lonely and sad time in my life. I was confused about what made me valuable and got hooked on the game of how little can I eat today? Finally one of my college teachers called me out (they were not the first person to) in a way that made me realize I am doing this to myself and it is ruining things. After that switch flipped, recovery wasn't far off. But even after all of that... I still wondered about food. How should a person eat? I was curious! I wanted to look good in a bikini- healthy in a bikini- and enjoy three meals a day without deprivation. Was that even possible? That's what I set out to discover.
Today, I'm obsessed with food for the right reasons, excited to fuel my life force with every bite. It is my mission as a Health Coach to create food freedom for you, replacing anxiety and fear with self-trust and knowledge. There is a way...
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
• Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
• Deepak Chopra, MD leader in the field of mind-body medicine
• David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
• Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard Universit
• Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
• Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
• Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
• Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
• Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
• David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
• Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
• Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
• Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
I also went on to become a Certified International Health Coach, defined as "an expert in accountability and active listening, proficient in ethical and professional health coaching standards."
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to develop a deeper understanding of current food and lifestyle choices. We ditch what isn't working and establish replacements. Through this work, you will arrive at a place; understanding how to cultivate your own optimal energy, balance, health, and happiness for the rest of your life.